Yes we know Chickpeas as “Kadala” Here, When you get Kadala + Kottu, its another level of Epic your tastebuds will thank you for! Here is a High Protein Recipe that you can consume for any course of the day!
2.5 cups cooked chickpeas (1 19 oz. can, drained and rinsed)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 whole eggs
1 happy cow cheese (if preffered)
1/2 a medium white onion, diced
2 cups sliced white mushrooms
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat or omit the oil and use a splash of water or vegetable broth.
- Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms, eggs and cook for 6 or 7 minutes, stirring every couple minutes to allow them to start to brown.
- Add all the spices and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- You could cook the chicken/ tuna separate to your preferred choice
- Add the chickpeas and the chicken to the mix and continue cooking and stirring for 5-10 minutes until heated through and browned.
Plate it and VOILA you got your Kadala Kottu
Feel free to throw in a handful of spinach at the end of cooking for a chickpea and spinach dish.
This can also be made with black beans, pinto beans or even cooked lentils.